- Get taken back in history at the Kadinjača Monument
- Find out about Serbian history at Rača Monastery
- Enjoy a village with charm and history, Mokra Gora
- Architecture meets culture in Drvengrad
In this tour we combine visits to the historical village Mokra Gora famous for the Šargan Eight Train Ride and house on Drina River, seen on many postcards, magazines and tour booklets. Whether you go from Zlatibor or Užice we will make a stop at either Kadinjača war memorial or Rača monastery. If the tour departs from Zlatibor, the first stop will be in Rača medieval monastery which dates from 13th century. Secluded at the bottom of Tara mountain, this ancient monastery was the center for literacy in this area during the Ottoman invasion of the Balkans. In case of departure from Užice, the first stop will be on the war memorial Kadinjača built in 1979 to honor heroes who lost their lives during protection of Republik of Užice in WW2. Trip continues to Mokra Gora village that became famous after the restoration of the historical train line Šargan Eight and after Emir Kusturica decided to build his own town here and became permanent resident of Mokra Gora. We will be visiting the train station and some lesser known locations in this village which are historically related to narrow gauge railroad line passing through here. The tour ends with a visit to Drvengrad – Wooden Town of Emir Kusturica. The region presents the architecture of Tara mountain, small wooden houses packed on the top of the hill with an amazing view of this beautiful area.
✔️Licensed guide speaking fluent English
✔️Hotel pick up and drop off
❌Gratuity for the guide (optional)
❌Train ticket (9 euros)
❌Entrance in Drvengrad (2 euros)
❌Chinese Translator (40 euros – optional)
- A 10% deposit of the full reservation price is required in order to confirm your booking.
- You will receive an instant confirmation email and voucher upon booking.
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email
- Full refunds will be issued for confirmed cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity
How To Use
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher for this activity
- The voucher is valid for the date specified and may only be redeemed on that day.