- Get your passport into the Liberation history of Uzice Republika
- Feel the heart and beat of Serbian patriotism
- Journey to iconic liberation monuments
- Breathtaking panoramic views in the natural wonder of western Serbia
Join us on the world famous Uzice Republic (or Užička Republika) tour, named after the first area to be liberated from the Nazis during World War II. The pro-socialist country, located in Western Serbia and in parts of Eastern Bosnia through the created Partisan resistance movement on September 24, 1941.
This country had all the elements of a free country: a government made of “people of councils”, schools, independent newspapers, a postal system and even a railway. Its borders changed with every new fight between the Partisans and Germans. Užička Republika lasted 67 days, until the final German attack at Kadinjača, 14 kilometers from Užice, on November 28, 1941.
This special tour will begin with a visit to the Uzice historical museum. Visitors will be treated to a well laid out permanent exhibition documenting and showcasing the turbulent liberation struggle of the region. We are then whisked out of town to the first of 4 Spomeniks, a term used to describe monuments which were built after WW2 until the 1980s. These uniquely shaped stone structures bear testament to the individual struggles of each site. The first is Tatinac, importantly reme
✔️Licensed guide speaking fluent English
✔️Day tour by car
✔️Hotel pick up and drop off
❌Gratuity for the guide (optional)
❌Chinese Translator (40 euros – optional)
- A 10% deposit of the full reservation price is required in order to confirm your booking.
- You will receive an instant confirmation email and voucher upon booking.
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email
- Full refunds will be issued for confirmed cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity
How To Use
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher for this activity
- The voucher is valid for the date specified and may only be redeemed on that day.