- Explore spectacular hiking trails in the Kablar mountain
Ovčar-Kablar Gorge is a gorge in the western Serbia, part of the composite valley of the West Morava river. With over 30 monasteries built in the gorge since the 14th century, it is known as the “Serbian Mount Athos”. Hikers will journey through the natural beauty surrounded by spectacular panoramic vistas. The journey takes you through various local trails surrounded by monasteries iconic to the region. We visit two monasteries during the hike, the first, Monastery of Nicholas Church, whoes age is not known exactly but according to an icon kept in the National Museum in Belgrade , it can be seen that it was painted in Nikolje in 1489.
It is further recorded that 300 nuns once lived in the monastery of Nikolje.The Preobrazeje monastery dates back to 1525 offering visitors a unique glimpse into the monastic life which shapes this natural landscape. The Hike reaches a climax at the dramatic summit viewpoint gifting lucky visitors with unhindered views meandering river of the Morava region. The viewpoint is reachable by either foot or vehicle for those who prefer a less intense hike.
✔️Licensed guide speaking fluent English
✔️Hotel pick up and drop off
✔️ All necessary adventure equipment
❌Gratuity for the guide (optional)
❌Chinese Translator (40 euros – optional)
- A 10% deposit of the full reservation price is required in order to confirm your booking.
- You will receive an instant confirmation email and voucher upon booking.
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email
- Full refunds will be issued for confirmed cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity
How To Use
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher for this activity
- The voucher is valid for the date specified and may only be redeemed on that day.